SBA Business Development Officer
SBA Business Development Officer
Midwest BankCentre is proud to be recognized as one of St. Louis’ Top Workplaces for 2021!
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 18 branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Clair County.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be a lender with extensive knowledge of SBA Lending Products (7a, 504, USDA) and responsible for new business development centered on identifying and delivering SBA solutions to existing and prospective Rising Bank customers. Goals include revenue and profitability to the entire bank, along with growth in market share.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Business Development Officers will be directly responsible for the structuring and origination of new SBA 7(a), 504 and USDA loans as well as originating and growing a portfolio of Government Guaranteed business. Responsible for identifying, marketing and selling SBA and USDA products to the small business marketplace.
- Demonstrates proficiency in initiating the client credit application process through high-impact prospect calls, prompt and complete financial data collection from prospective clients, pre-screening credit opportunities with the Director of SBA Lending and Credit Manager via submission of complete application packages.
- Develops knowledge of Rising Bank’s credit policy and the SBA SOP and ensures that all activities and work functions comply with compliance requirements, as defined in company policies and procedures, state/federal laws and regulations and the SBA’s standard operating procedures (SOP) and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), thus protecting continued status as a Preferred Lender under the PLP program (upon receipt by Rising Bank).
- Achieves the required minimum loan volume production level of $8MMthrough individual business development activities.
- Attends and actively participates in regularly scheduled division meetings and on-going training.
- Works in collaboration with teammates and bank partners to elevate their level of performance with the organization.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of proven SBA business development origination success
Knowledge and/or Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of SBA lending practices and requirements as well as the SBA SOP.
- Demonstrates relationship building, solution/needs based consultative sales approach, and success in new business development. Ability to identify the needs of customers through effective questions and listening techniques. Can apply technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal skills and sales methods to obtain customers, commitment to ideas, services or products. Handles objections effectively.
- Bring established relationships that will refer new prospects that qualify for SBA lending. Demonstrate the ability to negotiate on behalf of the Bank while appropriately balancing risk and shareholder value. Efficiently leverage personal and Rising Bank resources to bring about successful loan closings and satisfied clients. Responsible for analyzing competition and market share statistics to assist in developing successful marketing strategies.
- Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly accepting manner and can show sincere interest in others and their concerns, capable of initiating and developing relationships with others as a key priority.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners and external parties. Knows how to seek and encourage collaboration. Can work effectively with people outside formal authority to accomplish goals seeking win-win alternatives. Shares successes ad works with others to reach best practice solutions. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Has the ability to recognize when relationships are unproductive and take action to improve them.
- Can assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others and mobilize people to take action.
- Be a collaborative partner with the credit and closing partners, as well as throughout the Bank.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and basic routine reports.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with management, other employees, customers, and representatives from other organizations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Diplomacy in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, percentages and proportions.
- Formal credit underwriting training preferred.
- Ability to calculate a cash flow analysis to determine the client’s ability to service the proposed loan.
- Critical thinker with the ability to formulate and support credit decisions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.