VP, Commercial & Consumer Operations
VP, Commercial & Consumer Operations
About Midwest BankCentre
Midwest BankCentre is a values-based bank that has been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Our purpose is to help regional communities thrive by creating the conditions to help Main Street, marginalized communities and multicultural markets live into their full potential. We work to empower people, enable business and energize neighborhoods through the strength of our financial services, including personalized consumer and business banking, business cash management, mortgage lending, home equity loans, financial planning and investments, insurance and digital banking.
We are committed to making meaningful, long-term investments in communities that lift everyone up so we can all RISE TOGETHER. Our commitment to shared prosperity, our investment in Community and Economic Development and our dedication to diversity and inclusion are reflected is the ways Midwest BankCentre lives its purpose.
A few more facts about Midwest BankCentre:
- We are ranked as one of the top employers in the region because of our commitment to our team members and the communities we serve.
- We rank among the St. Louis Region’s largest locally owned banks.
- We have 18 branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Clair County.
- We have state of the art online and mobile banking platforms that allow us to meet customers where they are to help them get to where they want to be.
- We foster a culture that supports your success and professional growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Lead all consumer and small business loan operations functions including processing, documenting, funding, booking, and servicing
- Continuously work to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work collaboratively with our front line to ensure quality customer service
- Optimize staff capability and productivity and ensure execution of the Bank’s strategic initiatives
- Create a strong service culture and manage the internal and external customer experience created by the team
- Practice the effective employee development and performance management of all department team members
- Manage day to day department activities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate department policies and procedures
- Build and maintain a network of bank contacts to share best practices and maintain competitive insights
- Maintain knowledge of all state and federal regulations and ensure departmental compliance and sound operational processes
- Manage department budget
- Leverage performance metrics and management process to ensure strong development and performance of all department team members
- Manage incentive plan for department team members
Other duties as needed or requested by senior and executive leadership
Supervisory Responsibilities & Competencies
- Customer Centric Focus
- Agent of Change
- Skilled Leader that Empowers Teams
- Excellent Communicator
- Results Oriented with the Ability to Execute on Bank Initiatives
- Driver of Diversity and Inclusion
- Acts with Integrity
- Collaborates Across Bank Channels
- Possesses Strong Business Acumen
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- 10+ years industry experience required
- Excellent communication, leadership, and time management skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Midwest BankCentre. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.