Community Relations Coordinator
St. Louis CITY SC
JOB TITLE: Community Relations Coordinator
Status: Salaried, Exempt
Start Date: August 2021
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Reports to: Vice President, Community Relations
I. ABOUT TKFC LC | St Louis CITY SC
In August 2019, TKFC LC was granted Major League Soccer’s (MLS) 28th team – St. Louis CITY SC. The team will be MLS’ first majority female-owned and female-led team, and has its sights set on bringing the MLS Cup to America’s first soccer capital. The 100% St. Louis-based ownership group is committed to the continued revitalization of St. Louis and the growth of the sport of soccer. For more information about the team, please visit stlCITYsc.com.
Ownership’s vision is to be an exceptional club and neighbor. The team will be a part of the fabric of St. Louis and become a symbol for the future of the city and region. This is more than sport; the team will work to connect the city and region through passion and purpose. The owners have long-standing relationships in both local business and philanthropy. Their reputations for integrity, honesty, hard work, and transparency are well-respected and earned. These characteristics define the team’s culture, and the team’s employees must also embody these traits.
The team’s new, state of the art soccer stadium is being built on approximately 30 acres in the Downtown West area of St. Louis. Seating capacity of the open-air stadium will be approximately 22,500, with the ability to expand to approximately 25,000. The team will work to catalyze the development of a Downtown West District around the stadium of mixed-use retail, restaurants and gathering spaces that will be open and accessible to residents and visitors beyond the approximate 20 home games a year. The venue may also host concerts, high school and collegiate sports events and tournaments, soccer camps, family shows and more. The team’s administrative offices and training facility will be located immediately adjacent to the stadium in Downtown West.
II. The Opportunity:
The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing all virtual and live Social Impact event partnership activations and community events. This role will prioritize social impact opportunities and community engagement.
- Understand organizational and departmental goals in an effort to successfully identify key Community Relations plans for cross-platform campaigns that incorporate multiple departments. Platforms and programs can include staff volunteerism, activities, players/coach appearances, equipment drives and support for other cause-based organizations and platforms (Special Olympics, Pride Night, Salute to Service, Kick Childhood Cancer).
- Actively engage in community relations activities internally and externally.
- Manage donation requests as needed.
- Build relationships with community leaders, community relation peers at other local teams and corporate partners.
- Ideate, budget, and execute community platforms and programs that drive awareness and garner local and national media coverage.
- Execute organizational strategies to grow community relations efforts in the St. Louis region and surrounding areas to amplify league-wide campaigns through local fanbase.
- Oversee and schedule player and staff appearance calendars and schedules.
- Coordinate all player activities with marketing and community partners, including sponsors appearances, community events and postgame opportunities with fans.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to provide community assets.
- Build and maintain relationships within the St. Louis community.
- Interface with the supporter group’s charitable arms.
- Provide schedule and updates of daily, weekly, monthly activities and initiatives to multiple necessary departments.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in event management, social impact or community outreach-related field”.
- 2+ years’ experience managing donations on behalf of an organization.
- Prior experience working in sports and interacting with former or current athletes preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with varying personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and organizational skills.
- Positive, professional demeanor, with ability to be discrete.
- Ability to manage a variety of programs and activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative, a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable and resilient, with the ability to think critically under pressure.
- An innovative and creative thinker.
- Bi-lingual (particularly Spanish/English) or multi-lingual skills a plus.
St. Louis CITY SC is building a team that is passionate about their work, the success of our Club and the growth and revitalization of our region. We desire people who hold themselves and others accountable and are driven by setting new standards for fan engagement.
TKFC LC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.