St. Charles Community College is seeking a full-time Groundskeeper who will be responsible for maintaining, caring for, and enhancing College grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cares for turf, including mowing, fertilizing, weed killing, aerating, seeding, and pest control.
- Maintains ornamentals and trees, including fertilizing, planting, watering, pest control, pruning, mulching, and weed control.
- Ensures proper appearance of campus grounds, including picking up trash, emptying parking lot trash containers, emptying trash containers at buildings, and cleaning parking lots and plaza areas.
- Performs routine service maintenance to grounds vehicles and equipment; performs routine maintenance to equipment; communicates problems with equipment to supervisor.
- Performs snow removal, including shoveling, plowing and brushing sidewalks and plaza areas parking areas and access roads, and application of snow removal chemicals.
- Cares for irrigation system, making necessary minor repairs and adjustments, communicates issues to supervisor.
- Cares for athletic fields such as; setup, field care, and maintenance.
- Performs holiday light installation and removal.
- Completes work orders in a timely fashion.
- Assists with maintenance needs as needed
- Assists housekeeping department with maintaining appearance of campus.
- Assists with heavy lifting, loading, unloading, and moving heavy products/deliveries.
- Operates campus vehicles as needed.
None, works independently and under the direction of the Grounds Manager; may receive some direction from the Manager Director of Facilities and Construction.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required; Minimum of three months experience and/or education in grounds - basic knowledge of fertilizer application, basic mechanical knowledge, basic knowledge of planting, pruning, irrigation, and transplanting. Experience using riding mowers, walk-behind mowers, push mowers, weed eaters, edger, hedge trimmer, tractor, aerator, blower, vacuum, sprayers; grounds tools, including shovels, rakes, pruners, hedge trimmers, pruning saws; equipment, including welders, grinders, sanders, hand saws, drills; electric devices, including testing equipment, calculator. Valid Class A, B, C, or E driver's license required.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.