Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and repairs garden-wide irrigation systems which include performing spring startup and fall winterization and coordinate contracted annual testing of irrigation backflow devices.
- Participates in the planning and construction of new irrigation systems and will monitor contractor’s performance work.
- Creates and maintains accurate records and drawings showing the location of all buried utilities.
- Works with Horticulture Staff to ensure proper operation of irrigation systems within their assigned gardens to ensure proper coverage and prevent waste of water.
- Inspects area irrigated to ensure adequate soaking and prevent waste of water.
- Assist the plumber with installation, repair, and servicing of plumbing fixtures, domestic water lines, sanitary and stormwater lines, sump pumps/pits, drains, chemical and grease traps, and any related equipment.
- Five (5) years of experience installing, repairing, and servicing commercial irrigation piping systems and controls are required.
- Knowledge of approved industry standards related to commercial irrigations systems.
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes and general construction methods.
- Knowledge of acceptable safe work practices including wearing the necessary personal protective equipment and proper use of hand tools and equipment including trenches and mini-backhoe.
- Familiarity with commercial and residential plumbing fixtures and methods is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean, insurable driving record (prior to employment).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid chauffeur’s license within (2) months of hire required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT) Certification.