Litigation Support Project Manager
Thompson Coburn, LLP
Thompson Coburn LLP currently has an exempt position available in our St. Louis office for a full-time Litigation Support Project Manager with at least five years of experience, including a minimum of two years litigation or litigation support experience as a case manager, paralegal, or analyst. Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor degree and prior experience participating in substantial eDiscovery projects. This position is responsible for management of technical services related to eDiscovery, litigation case management, and trial support. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Serves as primary contact for legal teams and clients for management of technical services related to eDiscovery and litigation case management.
- Provides consulting services to legal teams and clients in the areas of early case assessment, eDiscovery collection, processing, review, and production.
- Coordinates the set-up of litigation support databases according to case needs.
- Participates in meetings and confers at the request of legal teams.
- Interfaces with client information technology departments (or equivalent) to coordinate the delivery of data to/from the firm and provide advice as needed.
- Coordinates document processing, review, and production projects.
- Develops and maintains project plans to effectively communicate timeline, budget, and possible risks to legal teams.
- Recommends and coordinates services provided by internal or external technical resources.
- Maintains knowledge of litigation support vendor services and technologies with intent to design and recommend cost-effective solutions for legal teams.
- Participates in the development of best practices/processes related to eDiscovery, case management, and trial support.
- Trains and supports legal teams in the use of litigation technology.
- Possess above average communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with legal teams and firm staff. Articulates views professionally and assertively without being confrontational.
- Ability to prioritize and handle competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior significant participation in multiple substantial eDiscovery projects.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and other business productivity applications.
- Knowledgeable in document imaging formats; load files; and other aspects of production formats
- Knowledgeable about database applications/review platforms (such as Relativity, Summation, or Concordance).
- Must possess the ability to enter data with accuracy.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
· Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
· Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
· Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
· This is a full time position which requires working in the office a minimum of 40 hours on a regular basis. Oftentimes it may include working outside of normal business hours to ensure completion of position requirements.
· Ability to travel if necessary.
· The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, having the ability to transport 25 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Thompson Coburn LLP is a large, full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust, and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & ADD policies
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
- Parking/Transportation Stipend
- Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
- Long Term Care
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our online application, which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V