Electrician, Open Recruitment (OR-8378)
SIUE is pleased to announce open recruitment for Electrician positions within the Facilities Management Department. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
* Repairing/replacing/installing all electrical wiring, receptacles, switches, electrical motors, and other electrical equipment requiring special wiring.
* Installing and replacing interior and exterior lighting fixtures and lamps.
* Performing an assortment of electrical tasks to renovated or new construction spaces for offices and/or instructional areas.
* Repairing/replacing/rebuilding electrical and electronic controls and other specialized equipment.
Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the department's mission and goals.
This position is an Open Recruitment Civil Service posting at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Open Recruitment indicates an ongoing need to recruit persons interested in this job title. This listing does not represent an actual vacancy; rather it allows interested persons to apply for this title in general. If your application package is acceptable and you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be eligible to sit for the Civil Service exam to be added to the employment register for current and future vacancies within this job title.
Applicants must submit a completed Civil Service Application, which must include complete employment history, through HireTouch. If you do not possess any employment history, you must indicate this within the employment history section of the application. Your application should reflect all relevant skills and experience related to the minimum qualifications listed for this position. While a resume may be submitted with the application, data for each employer must be listed on this application form. (The words "See Resume" may only be used as a substitute in the section entitled "Specific Duties Performed".) If the application is incomplete you will not be considered for the position as our office will be unable to evaluate your application to determine if you possess the required minimum qualifications.
If qualifying by education or to qualify for a required educational requirement, you must submit your transcripts, including those for SIUE, at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteran's preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. For additional information, please visit: Eligibility Criteria and Point Allocation and Proof of Eligibility. Please submit any other licenses or certifications related to the position at the time of application.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and drug screening prior to an offer of employment. NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.
For Civil Service positions, Illinois residency required within 180 calendar days of the start date for the designated position.
For more information please equivalent.
2. Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman Electrician, with a minimum of five years of actual work in the trade, including apprenticeship or vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Electricians i.e. installing, maintaining, and/or repairing electrical systems, generators, transformers, motors and other electrical/electronic controls, electrical switchboard and other apparatus utilizing electricity, electrical, electronic and direct digital control systems, fire and alarm systems, and associated electrical, electronic, and fiber optic equipment.
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
SIUE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. We encourage applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and people with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Acts (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with SIUE, please call 618-650-2190 or email EmploymentHR@siue.edu.
The SIUE Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” & the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the “Campus Fire Safety Right to Know.” For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, 618-650-2536.