NATURE’S BAKERY, LLC.
Job Title: Forklift Operator
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for operating power equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, load, unload, pick, and count merchandise while holding accountability for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle. Responsible for storing incoming merchandise on racking systems and pulling product from the warehouse for shipment to fill customer’s orders. A positive attitude & pleasant personality; effective memory skills; good hand eye coordination; dependability, ability to follow directions & a strong willingness to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Builds, adjusts, and secures pallets as required to ensure safe transportation;
• Utilizes a handheld scanning device or written document order to locate products in the warehouse to fill customer orders;
• Ensures accurate inventory of goods;
• Conveys completed orders to designated areas;
• Initiates appropriate action when goods received are damaged or defective;
• Verifies items pulled with appropriate documents to ensure accuracy and minimize errors;
• Transports palletized merchandise from receiving to staging areas;
• Transports palletized merchandise to freight trucks, or appropriate loading docks;
• Conveys palletized merchandise to appropriate locations;
• Moves and stores empty pallets in designated areas to keep aisles clear; stacks empty pallets in designated areas; sweeps designated aisles to maintain a clean and safe work environment;
• Refills designated powered industrial trucks propane tanks when required;
• Performs daily inspections of powered industrial trucks and submits daily inspection report to management;
• Mentors and influences new warehouse personnel to properly operate powered industrial trucks;
• Operates powered industrial trucks according to manufacturer’s instructions and company safety rules.
Education, Skills and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED;
• 2-years’ experience with Stand-Up Forklift or Dock Stocker within a production environment;
• 2-years’ experience with 4,000Lbs. pallet jacks;
• 2-years’ experience with RF Gun;
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret order reports. Normal verbal communication to respond to common inquiries by supervisor and/or other associates;
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and seek for solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, visit: https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/naturesbakeryllc
Nature’s Bakery, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.