PACKER SUMMARY: Packers are responsible for packing a wide selection of food items into cartons and then into cases for shipment. Food packers, would typically work in a fastpaced environment, moving with the production line. Work near moving machinery is typical, such as conveyors, forming and closing equipment, including, but not limited to, industrial as well as manual staplers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Main duties include constructing and packing boxes either manually or with the help of automated machines, including staplers, conducting quality checks, maintaining a clean and safe work area. Also performing production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, stapling, labeling operations, and sorting.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Being reliable and extremely punctual;
• Being in good physical health; job requires bending, turning, walking, and standing;
• Being capable of working in a consistent pace for extended periods of time;
• Being capable of working late, past the scheduled leave time to complete the processing;
• Being capable of working weekend shifts and maintaining a flexible schedule;
• Possessing excellent teamwork skills;
• Having the ability to deal with stressful situations and still get the job completed;
• Performing basic visual quality inspections on products;
• Practicing good manufacturing habits with hygiene, sanitation, and product rotation.
QUALIIFICATIONS: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to work in cold and warm environments;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to lift products and boxes weighing up to 40lbs;
• Willingness to work as a team member;
• Ability to read and write in English;
• Ability to acquire own steel toe boots, or slip-resistant, sturdy upper shoe (no mesh).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or its equivalent is required. Working knowledge of the manufacturing process, typically resulting from a minimum of one-year experience in related jobs.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret quality documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, visit: https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/naturesbakeryllc
Nature’s Bakery, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.